Thursday, May 28, 2009

LOVE YOU, KAY!


As of yesterday, the Sucher girl presence at Hillcrest High School has officially ended. My youngest sister, Kayla, just graduated from Hillcrest last night! I anticipated lots of emotion for our grand exit, but you know--I think we are all just glad for Kayla to move on to bigger and better things. We know that high school is great, but college--well, college is much better! And boy, is Kayla heading right off. She starts school in like a week and a half! (I also think she is itching for some independence too--who isn't at that age?!) LOVE YOU, KAY!

Dane and I thought we would play a little trick on Sis. Kayla is one of the most genuine people ever, and she is very honest--even in times of gift-giving. She does have a hard time faking, pretending that she loves a gift when she really hates it. So, Dane and I got Kayla some terrible gift items at the dollar store, and Kayla tried to pretend she like the five items, but let's be honest--it was a bad gift. I told her that the calculator pen was the big gift, and she just smiled! Well, after she finished Dane and I told her that the real gift, some cash, was at the bottom of the bag. That is way more appropriate for her graduation. Dane and I had been waiting all day to see Kayla's reaction, and she was true to plan! LOVE YOU, KAY!

Lots of family came to support the graduate, so it was fun to have some bonding time. I was especially to see Dad and Darlene up for the event. We don't get to see them very often, so it is a special treat when we do. They are great supports of this clan! The whole group was sure to make sure Kayla could hear us from the rafters. We were quite the fan club tonight. At high school graduation you just have to be loud to represent. I don't think anyone missed Dad's "Way to go, Kay-Kay!" chant at the end of our roar. It was cute--and I dare say a step up from the "Sugar Bear" chant at my graduation. (Those are the little things you never forget and come to appreciate down the road!) The louder you are, the better. That was my person mantra for the evening! LOVE YOU, KAY!


















Last but not least, here is the Sucher clan, together after the crazy evening. We are all growing up! I can't believe it myself. I thought to end I would give a short "Ode to Kayla" remark! Kayla is one of the most fun-loving, true to heart girls around. I graduated about six years ago and wondered if the two of us would ever really be close--with the age difference and all. That girl is so mature for her age and so much fun to be around. She is one of my very best friends! Kayla is going to accomplish some pretty amazing things, so you should all watch out for her! LOVE YOU, KAY!

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Kasi Lee you look absolutely gorgeous in those pictures! I love love love your hair short! So cute! How is life? Any fun plans for the summer!?

linzy said...

I LOVE your short hair!!!

Josh and Kelli said...

Kasi- i just love that I look like that fat Wilson Phillips sister in this picture. (Note to self: avoid pictures taken from a lower level, and don't wear that shirt next time we take pictures.--- arrghh) hahahahaha

Heather said...

I can't believe Kayla is graduated! In my mind I still picture her little. . . my how time flies. And I just have to say that i laughed out loud when I read your "Sugar Bear" comment. I completely forgot that was what your dad always called you. Oh, the good old days!

Krystal said...

I cannot believe she already graduated! Time is flying by WAY TOO FAST! You look so great, and thanks for remembering my birthday :) That was awesome!

Jessica said...

Cute! And thank you for re-emailing me again!!!

Shanna and Brad said...

You girls look so cute together. I can't believe Kayla's all grown up. What a fun time she has to look forward to. Tell her congrats for me!

Hollie Rae Keller said...

Kasi - I just wanted to say that I have always thought you are the sweetest. I always see you around smiling at people and just being yourself. How beautiful that is. I think you're great!

Kellie Henry said...

Oh my gosh that is so crazy that Kayla has graduated!!! Time goes so fast! That is hilarious about the gift!!! You girls always put a smile on my face. You all look beautiful!

Sefhazem and Pagerbeep said...

Hey Kasi!! Yeah, we are in the 12th ward now. We're pretty excited about it. Are you in primary?