Monday, January 25, 2010

Alex, Come Home!

So, there is some work being done around the apartments on the roof of the building (it was in need of some major work). Well, the fabulous roof workers are busy finishing up the roof, but they did forget one important fix--our dish! (It has been disconnected for over a week now). Now, I am really, well almost really, enjoying the lack of television, because it directly correlates with some positive results. Take these examples:

A. My time for reading has increased positively
B. My excuses for laziness have decreased significantly (fewer distractions, I guess)
C. My home is a tinge cleaner and dishes have managed to stay done
D. I have managed to find a ton of time for homework (which I have surprisingly LOVED)
E. Our list of recorded movies has shortened as movie-viewing has increased somewhat

Now, I noted that I have ALMOST enjoyed the lack of television. I offer my one sadness....the absence Alex Trebec from our life!




*Photo courtesy of sexymustaches.com (What a website, wouldn't you say?!)

Dane and I watch "Jeopardy" every weeknight together, our own little Battle of the Sexes. Without this show, our knowledge base and competitiveness have both decreased! Alex, come home!

3 comments:

Justin and Kristin said...

I can only IMAGINE how much I would get down without a TV, however my attitude would probably not be as positive! :)

Our Family said...

Hey Kasi! This is Jackie from Idaho Falls. I gave into the pressure and joined the blogging world too. I have added your blog to my list. The address for my blog is jaromandjackieandkids.blogspot.com. It looks like you are doing really well and loving life.

Jessica said...

We only have two channels so we don't watch much t.v. But I do miss Discovery Channel and PBS Sunday evenings more than anything when I'm bored.