Monday, September 22, 2008

A Good Friend

Having good friends is one of the best blessings we could have! My picture of heaven is full of friends and family. I couldn't imagine heaven any other way.
I just have to say how grateful we are for one particular friend, Ratimo Aduke! He visited our house the other night and reminded me of why life is just so good. He has such an optimistic, beautiful view of life. He cares deeply about others and is one of the most outgoing and kind people around Pocatello. Talking to him was like a breath of fresh air. I think we all know people who help us feel refreshed and full of happiness whenever we are around them. That is Ratimo! I hope someday to be like this too.
Ratimo was baptized about two years ago...well, two years ago on September 9th. I was so excited when he was baptized and a year later ordained an Elder. What a great addition to the church. I have grown up as a member my whole life and couldn't imagine life without the church. I have been blessed to see how the Gospel has changed Ratimo's life and Dane's life.
Anyway, congrats to Ratimo for these two amazing years. I look forward to watching as he makes a profound impact on the people around him. Dane and I are so grateful for him and wish him the very best in all he does!

5 comments:

sam and kyrsten said...

you are so right! ratimo is such an awesome guy! always so nice to everyone! and i dont know what your talking about you hope to be like that someday! you ARE that!

Shamae (Ghost written by Loren her hubby) said...

Hi Kasi! Thanks for finding my blog! When did you get married? Congratulations! I am so happy for you! I will add you to the list of blogs I read and my google reader so I can keep in touch.

Shanna and Brad said...

Hey Kasi! How are you? I found your blog from Heather's blog. I'm kind of new to this blogging thing too. I hope you don't mind if I add you to my blog roll. Feel free to add ours. Looks like you're doing well. And I agree with Kyrsten (although I don't know her)...you ARE that kind of person. You are one of the nicest people I know. I'm excited to be able to keep in touch!

The Howertons said...

Hey guys. Cute Blog. I was just wondering what your email addresses were. Also Birthdays if you don't mind. I like to set up reminders so we don't year after year forget like we do. I know Danes is coming up but I can't remember the day. Thanks. You can email me at Katie_Howerton@hotmail.com. Thanks again. We'll have to call next time we go through pocatello and stop by. See ya.

Jeremy and Ruth said...

I agree what an awesome kid!! but you should be talking!! you are soo incredible yourself girl!! We really do need to double so give me a call sometime!!