Wednesday, October 29, 2008

it sure has been a while

It has been a while since the last post, for a few reasons: my poor laptop is sick and refuses to work, I haven't taken many picutres, and life has been crazy! I was convinced that as soon as I was done with school and working life would magically slow down, and boy...was I wrong! Life has been so good though.

Dane and I are enjoying every minute of our family ward. Dane is loving the Young Men, and I have enjoyed Relief Society. I continue to have those "grateful I'm right here, right now" moments. A while back a nine-year-old boy sprayed his mase into his eyes right after church (and this wasn't one of those grateful moments, mind you--I felt terrible for that poor little boy.) Dane was asked to help him clean out his eyes. Poor boy! Dane said that he used to do stuff like that all the time as a boy. Ooh--my eyes hurt just thinking about it. We have the most diverse ward, and I love it. We have a British man, with a definite British sense of humor. I love his comments! However, I really don't understand his sense of humor sometimes, and I hate feeling lost in a joke! There is never a shortage of interesting moments, from children running wild through the chapel, to hilarious comments in class. It is like a home for us.

Oh, and I have some very exciting news...well, to me it is exciting. Dane and I are moving on Monday. Thanks to some great friends, Dane and I got an apartment management position. AKA: free rent! It is really close to campus as well, which means we are a hop, skip, and jump away from school and work. We are just getting ready for the move now. I can hardly wait! We have really been blessed. I had been so frustrated because for the last eight months or so, the housing situation just hadn't worked out for us. Things would look great then fall through. I was beginning to think that we would be in our tiny apartment forever!

On a side note: Dane and I love the property owners that we will work for! We went to their house just a few nights ago and talked forever about our dating and marriage stories. They are the most hilarious couple around. It was so fun to see them tease eachother but at the same time show so much love for one another. It will be so fun to work under them. I really want to invite them over some time for dinner! They are so fun to have conversations with, and I really think that I will learn a lot from them!

Dane's brother Kade is living in the apartment next to us for a few weeks until his apartment opens up. Brei and Brylei will be moving up on Friday. We have spent quite a bit of time with Kade these last few weeks. We have also consumed a LOT of ice cream. This seems to be a weakness for Kade too.

Dane's birthday was last week. He is a whopping 24 years old! As I have mentioned earlier, Dane LOVES golfing. To be a good wifey, I purchased a new hybrid club for Dane, to finish upgrading his set. He was so happy with the gift. I had wanted to get something that he really wants, and I knew this would be the best thing! Dane would have been happy with anything, but I still wanted his birthday to be special! I did mess up on one birthday thing: I purchased some chocolates that Dane and I love, a bag just for Dane. Well, without even thinking really I ate the entire bag in about a half hour. Dane only got one chocolate. I obviously have a problem!

Well, that's about all that is new with us. I hope to get some pictures up next time. This blog is becoming a bit boring! Take care!

3 comments:

Heidi Bitsch said...

Hey Kasi, I found your blog off of Melanie Claridge's blog. Hope you don't mind. :) I'm glad to see that life is happy and wonderful for you! Just wanted to say hi!

Shamae (Ghost written by Loren her hubby) said...

Sounds like things are going well and hey you gotta love free rent! Awesome!

Cummins Family said...

Kasi-
Your story about Dane's chocolates is really funny... I would totally do the same thing.

How are you liking your job?! I bet you are sooo good at it. Ummm... do you know how to can? Next summer I will teach you how to can peaches and you can add that to your list of domestic skills.

I'm really glad you guys are going to a family ward. You know how I feel about university wards and I'm glad you are liking your new ward. Keep in touch!

I just added some new pictures from Halloween. Aliza was Wonder Woman!