Thursday, July 8, 2010

Sweet Relief!

This week I have been a busy girl--busy with lots of organizing. I can't tell you how invigorating this cleaning/organizing spree has been. My tired body is already sleeping before I hit the pillow, and the days feel super-crammed with things to do both at home and in the office. But, I am loving how good this feels and can't wait until everything is really in order! I have have cleaned out everything I can think of:

my purse (How can I fit that much stuff into one bag? Maybe I should downsize a bit!)

my makeup bag (That only took about two minutes, and I crossed it off the grand to-do list!)

my clothing and closet (Now everything I need is in the second bedroom close, neatly stored. Dane will be happy that he doesn't have to get up bright and early with me as I crash around the room looking for jewelry and shirts!)

my binder (The binder that keeps me in control of life, and not the other way around!)

my finances (I updated the budget and goals very first--I think this was my favorite thing to really organize!)

my office (Whew! Today was one crazy day, but that office looks and feels fabulous--with all new decor, including a doctored picture of LeBron James in ISU attire! On another note, is he really going to Miami? And boy, those feet of his are big! )

Items up for tonight: my refrigerator (can hardly wait), my hall linen closet (which has towels pouring out of it--I just hope Dane doesn't try to open the door before I get to this one--or he is in for one surprise), my mail organizing box (which really isn't organized), and that's about it. (I have to leave some time in for"So You Think You Can Dance" and some El Herradero. Come on...)

Don't you just feel liberated when you have organized?!

Here is a little glimpse at the peace I am feeling right now. Can't get much better! (Fabulous image found here.)


1 comments:

Mickenzie said...

Haha you are so cute I love you. Way to go with all the organizing I keep saying that I'm going to do that with my house, but all my cupboards and closets still look the same.