Saturday, October 16, 2010

Pops






My dad describes himself as an "electrician by trade," and I describe him as a great dad and a sensitive man. That is probably where all of us Sucher girls got our ability to cry at pretty much everything. My own waterworks give Dane a good laugh at least once or twice each week. Let me tell you, there are some pretty tear-worthy commercials out there!


My dad likes to chat on the phone, so he called me in between some classes this morning. Last week he was working at Primary Children's Hospital, so he called to say hello, check on Dane (his new best golfing bud), and to share a couple of "neat" experiences from the hospital. (Just thinking about them makes me cry...)

While he was working, a little 5-year-old girl walking down the hall asked him for a hug. His partner was on a ladder, and she asked to hug the partner as well. So, of course, he came down the ladder for his own hug. The little girl gave each of the strangers a big kiss on the cheek too. Total strangers. My dad just fell in love with this little one.

Another little boy walked by, about the same age, and he had a tube coming out of his nose. He stopped and said hello and gave each of the workers a happy little fist tap. When he walked away, he gave my dad a thumbs up and had a big smile.

I think the thing that really gets to me is hearing my dad start to cry on the other line. He was so obviously touched by those little experiences, and I am sure he will remember them and appreciate them forever. He is just like that.

Anyway, I just had to write this down right now, and since the computer is here, I am just going to do a quick posting. Oh, how I love that man!

1 comments:

sam and kyrsten said...

he sounds like such a wonderful man! what awesome experiences to have with those little ones!