Saturday, March 26, 2011

Time for a Little BUNCO

After a successful year of the avoidance of hosting Bunco, I finally gave in. Last month when the question regarding the host came up, there was silence. If anyone knows me well, they know that I will always volunteer to do something if no one shows interest within the first 30 seconds. Bunco is one of my favorite nights each month, and I must say that I still had a great time, even if I was worried to death about fitting 12 of us girls and 3 tables in my dining and living rooms. It helps when they are 11 of the kindest gals around.



I decided to attempt to dress up the usual Bunco stuff: the food area, the prizes, and all the Bunco necessities/tools. I wish I had thought about doing that sooner, but a few minutes and a couple of extra things seemed to work out okay. Please note: I am not yet a professional party planner--I think those people plan things out more than one hour in advance, a habit I still haven't discovered.





I am usually pretty competitive when it comes to Bunco--and let's be honest, there is really no strategy or skill involved whatsoever. I have practiced the art of "The Secret" a few times and really believe that some positive energy makes a big difference, as silly as that sounds. Anyway, I think I pretty much had the game of my life: I had 4, count 'em 4, Buncos--that is equal to about my grand total from previous times, and I also had the most wins. It was certainly a night to remember. Cali and some of the other girls will have to watch out because I am on a roll!


Of course the girls are really the most important part of Bunco. I am so grateful for how flexible and kind and fun they are! It ended up being a great night for me because of them!


And now we'll see just how long I can possibly go before my turn to host Bunco comes up yet again. It will be a breeze the second time around! Thanks to everyone for coming! It was good to see you all!

3 comments:

sam and kyrsten said...

oh im so sad i cant bunco anymore! i had soo much fun the few times i got to come. all of you girls are a blast! glad you had a good time!

Meg and Ryan said...

It was so fun!!! I had a blast:-)

Rebecca and Cody said...

What on EARTH is BUNCO????? :) Is it like some sort of Idaho thing I have never heard about? Is it because I am not a resident they don't tell me these things? Geez...