Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Changing Body

The last few months I have been really struggling with this growing, changing body of mine. It is definitely different from what I had before, that's for sure. I have looked in the mirror and wanted to just cry after seeing those silly stretch mark already appear in a spot or two, and I have at times felt like one unattractive little mama.

Then came yesterday--at work I ran across two different people who told me that I was just beautiful. Last week one of our Ambassadors told me that I was radiant.

Now, how can I hate this beautiful little body that I have been blessed with, one that is able to create an entire person inside? This body is a miracle machine. It will be able to endure intense pains to bring new life. It may look different and may not be quite as toned or sharp as before, but I really consider these changes a blessing. For the first time yesterday, I was completely in love with my new self. I was happy to make physical sacrifices to accompany a new little one. It might not ever really go back to the way it was before, but I am extra grateful for the opportunity I have to carry children. Motherhood is something beautiful!

2 comments:

Jessica said...

I remember that feeling. You want so badly for people to know you are pregnant, not just smudgy around the middle. And then... overnight somehow, you are that sweet pregnant lady.
And just remember that if you need to take a nap or something it's because you've been growing someone else's brain in your belly without hands so you deserve a nap!

Shanna and Brad said...

It really is amazing and it is so worth it! You'll tone back up in no time. I know what you mean, though. That change in body shape can be uncomfortable. I'm sure you are looking so cute! Just look at my blog from my pregnancy and you'll feel better about yourself:) My belly went straight out and I retained a ton of water so I was big everywhere!