Monday, May 23, 2011

A Couple Notes on the Weekend

I love weekends! When 4:00 rolls around on Friday, I feel like I am totally released from most responsibility--and I love it. Weekends are for playing and having fun and relaxing and catching up. A couple of big moments happened to me this weekend--not in the form of a fancy trip or anything like that, but smallish-big moments. Anyway...


Our little man has become a huge mover. I can feel him all of the time, and each night I sit and watch my tummy move. It seriously feels and looks like he is doing somersaults in there sometimes. I love feeling his knee or foot jutting out and have so much fun interacting with him. At least, I think we are interacting. I love putting my hand somewhere and waiting for him to kick it--if he isn't really playing games with me I would instead choose to be naive. Needless to say, he has won my heart! I have no idea how I am going to work out this motherhood role with everything else for the next two years, but I am going to try to have faith. Whew! This weekend I just enjoyed laying in bed and watching my tummy, listening to Dane as he slept, and hearing all the house and outside noises around me. I was in complete heaven and felt so incredibly content and happy. It was such a small thing, but I loved feeling like life was slow enough to take in that little moment. Thank you, summer!

Another huge pregnancy milestone was reached--I wore my first pair of maternity pants on Saturday. I have been adopted via mail by someone who sends a package or two each week, and this package contained a summer maternity outfit. I was super skeptical, even though I knew that I could no longer fit into all of my pants, with the exception of one or two pairs. And boy, I feel like I have missed out. Those things with the maternity waistband were so comfortable. So, at 29 weeks, I have finally overcome my fear of maternity clothes!

Last week, the Stake President popped into Ward Council to announce that boundaries were again changing in our stake. I felt a little emotional because I guess I got attached to the girls and calling over the last nine months in this ward (from the last boundary change--and that boundary change was a little difficult for me but was so exciting). I think the Bishop's 30-minute thank-you session to our group, full of tears, was really what got to me. He is a really young Bishop, and I have really enjoyed working with him! I think he is one of the very best around! Well, yesterday was that big meeting where the boundaries were defined. I think I was the only one in the hundreds of people who just lost it when I saw that I was in a new ward. Not only will I be missing some people, but I am so sad to leave the calling. It was certainly so difficult for me and was such a growing experience, but I loved those girls. Now, I am in a completely different ward! I am trying so hard to have faith, and I know that I couldn't handle having that calling with all of the big changes this fall, but I am certainly going to miss the girls and opportunities. I think maybe I am most sad because I always feel like I could have done more. It was such a short time to serve, and I saw so many changes in those girls. I sometimes felt like a proud little mama in there! Anyway, I am desperately trying to look positively to the future and know that the Lord will bless me with new (and hopefully easier) opportunities to serve. I do know that my own life has been richly blessed during the nine months I was in the ward. I guess that is really all that matters. Bishop talked a lot to me about truly finding out why I was asked to serve in that position, and I never really tried to get an answer. Now that I am moving on, I would really like to know what I was meant to gain from the short experience. Anyway, on to new things! What a day--and poor Dane had to comfort me many times yesterday! What a emotional woman I am every once in a while!



4 comments:

Luke and Amy Aplington said...

congrats on being pregnant!!! We are about three weeks behind you. We are having a girl! Good luck with everything. it's a crazy adjustment but so great!!

sam and kyrsten said...

i just want you to know that i think you are amazing! and holy smokes!!! 29 weeks and just barely wearing maternity clothes! you are such a little thing!!! i hope that your new ward is just as wonderful. no matter where you are you will be put to GOOD use!!!

Mickenzie said...

I feel your pain. I'm sure it's a lot harder for you than us, but I'm so sad I can't get over it. I know it's all for a reason and hopefully we look back and understand. I'm glad we are in the same ward still. Your girls will miss you, you were perfect for that calling, but you will be great in so many others as well.

Justin and Kristin said...

Sorry you had to leave your great calling! I hope you will find many friends in the new ward!
That is so fun to watch baby move, congrats! You will be an amazing Mom!!