Wednesday, August 27, 2008

New Temple

Dane and I LOVE having visitors at our little apartment, so the other week was great. Our apartment is a bit small, so we hope to soon have a two-bedroom apartment for anyone that stays with us!
My younger sister Kayla spent a few days here in Pocatello with us. She and Dane get along very well. We didn't have brothers in the Sucher family, so Dane is kind of like a big brother to her, and he is really, really good! Kayla and Dane spent quite a bit of time at the golf course. Dane loves golfing (and even works at the golf courses--which is the best summer job Dane could ask for), and he loves introducing people to the game. I think Kayla really enjoys golfing actually. Dane said that she picked it up really fast!
The highlight of Kayla's visit for me was definitely the Twin Falls temple though. Kayla traveled down to Twin with us, where we met up with Dane's family for the open house. The temple is absolutely amazing! You can't help but notice all the detail in the building. I was glad we could all be there. Of course, Brei, Kayla, and I all brought our cameras. We pack those things around! Here are a few pictures from the trip.
Our neice Brylei is getting so big. She is a beautiful little girl! Well, later on in the week Kade, Dane's brother, came up for a day of golf. Needless to say, golf was the primary topic of conversation in the house for a couple days. I didn't mind because I really like golf. I just am not as good as the brothers! Kade, Brei, and Brylei are moving to Pocatello soon. Dane and I can hardly wait. It is so nice to have family close, and they are one fun family. We have spent a lot of time with our families this summer. Family becomes more and more important to us all the time. We have both been incredibly blessed with great families!
On one final note, Sunday was the dedication of the Twin Falls temple. It was exciting to participate in that event. I am amazed that we received two new temples so close by this past year. I am sure that the area will be so blessed with their presence. One of the best parts of the dedication was listening to the Prophet Thomas S. Monson. He is one incredible man, and I love to hear him speak. He has such a cheerful, fun spirit. Dane and I were so grateful we could participate in the experience. What a great Sunday!

0 comments: