Saturday, August 30, 2008

Our Newest Hobby



Dane and I have quite a few "favorite activities."
Lately we have been playing a lot of Settlers of Catan. Dane and I are pretty evenly matched in the game. We like playing games together, but we are both very competitive. I have to win at least once to enjoy playing though. We used to play cribbage, but I quit because Dane beat me five times in a row. I think we'll pick that one back up soon. I am pretty much over the losses now!
We also love getting ice cream. Now, I know this is not the healthiest activity, but we really can't help it. I think we average ice cream nights about once or twice each week. Farr's Ice Cream in Pocatello has $1 scoop ice cream, so we can't help but go when Dane gets tips at the golf course. He'll bring the tips home and we know exactly what they are for!
We got a Wii Fit about a month ago. Dane and I use it more for competition than anything. We just find an activity that we are good at and beat all the other person's scores. We both think it's hilarious. Dane and I really aren't that competitive, I promise!
With the new season of The Office coming out next week, Dane and I have been prepping by watching as many episodes as possible this last week or two. (It is easy when we don't have cable television!) We watched The Office for an entire Christmas Break when we started dating. We both really like the show!
The last couple nights Dane and I have played night golf...our new favorite activity. Dane picked up a couple glowing golf balls from Precision Golf (Dane's favorite store) as a surprise. We went out with a couple guys Dane works with on the course. I really like everyone Dane works with...and I really like golf now! I think that makes Dane happy. I think Dane gets even happier than I do when I hit good shots. I love going out with him because he makes me feel so good! Next summer I am going to spend my free time at the course. I really want us to have something like this to do together. We'll be the old couple that always comes to the course. I think next year we'll even play couples' league. I can't wait for that!














We went with Benji and Brandon, who work with Dane. I love going with them because they are HILARIOUS! Benji is an incredible golfer too, so he is fun to watch. He is leaving on a mission soon, so we wish him the best of luck in Colorado!

Here we are after 9 holes. Dane had to pose with his Scottie Cameron putter. He slept with the putter next to our bed the other night, more as a joke than anything! Sheesh! Working at a golf course has been good to his golf set-up! He is very proud of that guy!

1 comments:

Clayton & Charish Hubbard said...

KASI & DANE! Its so good to see that you have a blog! I haven't seen you guys in forever! How have you guys been? Still in POcy I see...