Sunday, August 10, 2008

The One-Year Mark

Today is the one-year mark of our marriage. Dane and I can't believe that we have already been married for a year...it has gone by so fast. I thought that for this post, I would write up, in summarized fashion, our "couple history." We have had a wonderful past and hope to have an even better future!
Dane and I officially met at my apartment after an Institute function. He knew my roommates well and came by occasionally to visit them. (Some time later Dane revealed to me that he told his friend that night that he would marry me. I really don't know if he meant this, but I loved hearing it after we actually got married!) My roommate Kayla told me that he had asked about me, and I developed a crush. (I refused to like a boy until I noticed some interest from his way.) But, thank heavens for Kayla. Without her acting as our "middle agent," Dane and I agree that we never would have married! I was a little too shy at first.
We finally started dating about three months later. It took a while! I really only thought the relationship would last for a couple weeks. I was convinced that Dane get bored and move on. I was convinced that he was just too good for me! Well, we actually kept dating....and dating....until we were engaged about six months later, in May.
Dane and I walked to Ross Park, which we had done several times since the weather had warmed up. We started swinging (cheesy, but fun), when Dane pointed out a blanket in the distance. He suggested that we should check the scene out, but I refused. It wasn't our business. He mentioned it a couple times, so I finally said yes. I noticed some sparkling cider, chocolates, and roses when we got closer to the blanket. Then I figured we should get away as soon as possible...someone would be proposing there, and we shouldn't interrupt their moment. When we didn't leave I finally realized that it was for me....I had been completely oblivious!
My sister Kelli was engaged a few weeks earlier, so the summer of wedding planning was a bit hectic for my family. I stayed as uninvolved as possible! My sister and I were married two weeks apart. Though the summer was stressful, my family was happy to welcome some boys...Dane and Josh!
Dane and I were married, of course, on August 10th, 2007. To this day, I get the butterflies when I think that we're married. Married life is still very new and fun for us. Our first year of marriage consisted of work (and lots of it), school (and lots of it), watching episodes of The Office over and over, getting ice cream at least once or twice each week, playing some golf, weekend road trips to visit the families, going to SAB events (poor Dane), and laughing all the time. Dane revealed his funny side after we got married!
Changes or new times always give me reasons to reflect and remember how great life truly is. This first year was great. I can't wait to see what the next has in store for us!

1 comments:

linzy said...

Kasi!! You guys are so cute together!! How have you been?! I am glad you commented on my blog! How the heck did you find it?!