Wednesday, October 21, 2009

out with the old, in with the new

The last month was full of stress--I am definitely a Type-A personality, so I have experienced some perfectionist-related and time-related stress in the past, but this last month was an onslaught of stress not seen often at all in my life. I felt like I was spiraling out of control--looking back now I know that things weren't that bad (don't we tend to learn some things after-the-fact?). I was questioning if I could hand my work, home, school, and especially church responsibilities. I remember one day just wanting to be released from my callings and wanting to drop the school stuff. I know, it was a major over-reaction.

A while back I received a blessing telling me to run as fast as I can, and boy have I been running. I felt like I was out of gas when all of the sudden, life got as bright as can be. I have a new resolve in my classes, enjoy the many hours spent working, have found plenty of time to beautify my home and experiment in the kitchen, found better one-on-one time with Dane, and felt like I have help fulfilling the callings. I am so grateful for the blessings our Heavenly Father seems to shower on me. I don't always notice them, but I am seeing life more clearly at this point. I am happier, healthier, and kinder to others than I have been in a long time. Life's daily stresses seem small, and I am not putting so much pressure on myself. Life is beautiful!

I hope you are all being so blessed! Our Heavenly Father loves us and wants us to be happy. I think that is my favorite commandment and blessing of all!

3 comments:

Shamae (Ghost written by Loren her hubby) said...

Great post Kasi! You are such a neat gal. I'm glad to hear Heavenly Father is opening the heavens and pouring blessings out on you. You deserve it. Hugs!

sam and kyrsten said...

isnt it amazing how much help Heavenly Father gives us when we allow it! im glad things are slowing down! its a good reminder to rely on Him instead of ourselves- sometimes its a hard thing to do! thanks for posting this!

Bigelow Family said...

Kasi- You are so awesome! I am so glad that Heavenly Father is blessing you, you deserve it. I am also so grateful that I get to serve with you at church. I look up to you, and am so excited to get to know you better.