Monday, May 3, 2010

The Best App Ever

So, right now it is almost 1:00 am. You know when you get into the "late night" groove after just one fabulous really late night--and then on subsequent nights you don't even get tired until you really should have been sleeping hours before. Night after night you just don't want to go to bed until the wee hours of the morning. Well, I am there. Ug--not good. Hopefully I will get back into a "healthy" sleeping habit again soon. I am telling you, summer break from school is in full force at the Beorchia household!

To preface the reasoning behind the late nights, I have to tell you that Dane and I L-O-V-E music. I live and breathe music. As silly as this sounds, it is one thing that keeps me moving--without music, I just don't know what I would do. The Sucher family is all about music--it is bread into us! My sisters and I grew up with trivia questions from my dad, who would be the ultimate companion on "Rock N Roll Jeopardy." We spent night after night cuddled up next to Dad's stereo, playing records and listening to oldies. We couldn't get enough of the radio, 8 tracks, cd's. Oh, I get the chills just thinking about it! Now, maybe the reasoning behind staying up will make sense.

I happened upon an app for my phone that plays the top 100 hits from each year (full songs even) back to 1947. Isn't this a breakthrough!? Dane and I started with the year 1999 and listened to all 100 songs (most just briefly). Then we went back to 1998, and so on. We were just reliving our pasts together, telling each other stories and laughing our heads off. I mean, who wouldn't smile when they hear "Come on Ride that Train," a song that brings them back to middle school dances and the infamous "train" congo line. Needless to say, we have done this every night, and now I am in the habit of staying up late. I haven't been like this since my first year of marriage. Seriously! This would totally work, if my body would just believe I was a teenager again! I don't handle this "lack of sleep" too well!

Anyway, thanks for reading! It has been a while in the making! Now that school is out and a few things are calming down, I am back and ready to go. Happy spring!

1 comments:

Josh and Kelli said...

Loved this post! Thanks for making me smile. "Come on ride the train-- choo choo ride it." :) You're amazing!