Wednesday, May 26, 2010

It Doesn't Count...

Toward the end of my senior year of high school, I realized that I had gone an entire week without caffeine (and I had a very strong relationship with Pepsi, so a week was an eternity at that time!) I decided at that moment that I would see how long I could possibly go without caffeine--as of Monday night it had been over 7 years.

Well, Monday night I was at a wish-granting meeting for the Make-A-Wish Foundation with two fabulous girls. During the meeting, the father randomly brought glasses of Diet Coke (another personal favorite) to us. What was I supposed to do--tell him that I just couldn't drink the pop? It was just caffeinated cola. So, I tried to act normal and drank about half the glass, while inside I was seriously in utter turmoil--part of me felt terrible that I had kind-of broken one of my longest-lasting challenges, but the other part loved the drink. It had been so long!

So, I decided, after an inner discussion, without consulting anyone else, that I really didn't break my 7-year record. I was being a polite house-guest and was simply trying to help the family feel comfortable and have fun during the meeting.

Does anyone agree with me?



Image found here

5 comments:

Mickenzie said...

You totally didn't break it!!! Seriously what else were you suppose to do haha!

Kevin and Cherie said...

Sorry Kasi it's broken. You might as well enjoy the evil drink! I'm so just kidding! I can't believe you have gone all this time! haha

Justin and Kristin said...

Sounds good to me! And 7 years, Wow, Congrats!!
Question for ya, after THAT long, did it taste funny?

Jessica said...

I love shakespeare on the quad. we go every year, eventho devin hates every minute! haha.. I'm a mean wife. Let's make a girl's night of it!

Shanna and Brad said...

That is a long time! I think you're still going strong due to the circumstances. I agree...it doesn't count!