Monday, January 10, 2011

Jumping Back In

Over the last few weeks, I have found myself lacking a bit of motivation. And, after a fairly long hiatus, I am so ready to get back into the swing of things. That Christmas break tends to really throw off my groove. I'm telling ya! Seriously, I pretended like I was 18 again and went to sleep at 2 or 3 in the morning--on purpose! And waking up at 10 really isn't the sunniest little start for the day. That whole situation really doesn't work any more!

Anyway, I am so excited for this new semester, a fresh new start. I almost feel like a new semester is like a brand new year, and I feel so nervous but so excited about the possibilities. I felt like there were a thousand little bumps in the road today (like nearly dying, dropping the ball on a Make-A-Wish item, not getting my class schedule to work, etc), but no--I was not about to let them get me down. Not at the beginning of a new semester. No way!

I participated in a conference call last week with the JKAF group who started the "Go On" campaign in Idaho. What an incredibly inspiring group! I thought I would add this little ditty to remind myself and others about what amazing possibilities we each have, especially right at the beginning of the semester and year. It is going to be beautiful. (New goal to add to my bucket list: volunteer for JKAF. Please, oh please, oh please take me on!)

0 comments: