Wednesday, March 17, 2010

A Truly Cultural Experience

On Friday night I talked Dane into attending an evening of culture on ISU's campus, and I might add that the $10.00 for both of our tickets was well worth the expense!

Have any of you listened to James Otto before?




**photo

I will admit, I was super-impressed during the concert! So impressed, actually, that I think I will invest in some of his music. (I haven't made it through too many concerts without falling head over heels with the music though.) James Otto was pretty fabulous, and not too shabby looking, but I couldn't help but notice that he was twice the size of any of his band members. He really looked like he could easily crush the bass or guitar players with his pinky finger. He was like "He-Man" or something! So, he had a strong mix of masculinity, but the gentle breeze from his personal fan added a sense of "swimsuit model" shoot to the mix. This giant "model" among men did put on quite a show.

Now, the culture really came from all around us. One of the best parts of the concert included the thirty-five year old woman who may have been slightly intoxicated and danced up and down the aisles, performing for anyone who was willing to watch. Now, I am ashamed to say that I laughed quite a bit! Is that bad? I loved watching her though--I have respect for people who enjoy being themselves, so I say to her, "You keep dancing and enjoying that music! Keep doing what you are doing, and don't worry about what other people think." See, I took a lesson away from this! I definitely appreciated the opportunity to people-watch and take in my surroundings. There were people from all walks of life at the concert, and I just loved it.

So, I definitely remind us all to take in our surroundings and enjoy the moment! I am definitely learning to do this a little more lately!

1 comments:

Josh and Kelli said...

I love the description of this man. I was able to get a strong mental image. hahahaha. You're funny, sis.