Monday, September 27, 2010

Just Dandy



My piano student "D" has been looking forward to playing "Yankee Doodle" since we first started. She seriously told me during our second lesson that she couldn't wait to play it. I wanted to make the day special, so we did a few things:


a) We made "Yankee Doodle" hats. (They are a bit big for us, but I still like them!)

b) I sang "Yankee Doodle" in a really embarrassing, really silly voice while "D" was the professional accompanist. (It was her first official time accompanying, and she did great!)

c) We played the "Yankee Doodle" duet together several times. (I think that was really for my own fun. I made "D" play it three or four times with me because I had so much fun!)

How can you not smile when you think about "Yankee Doodle," a true classic!

2 comments:

Shanna and Brad said...

What great ideas! You are so creative Kasi. Wish I could have heard you singing Yankee Doodle:)

Katie!! said...

you are the coolest piano teacher EVER!!! how fun!! :)