Friday, September 17, 2010

No, You May Not Land Here





In high school I took a small interest in some of Poe's poetry; "nevertheless" the raven still became a bit of a frightening bird to me. Now, I know that they are just birds, albeit some of the most intelligent creatures around, but they still freak me out as I see them take flight daily. Just the sound of those little wings flapping gives me the "heebie jeebies."

Anyway, imagine a fine summer morning. Seriously--picture it. And you are walking to work, enjoying the fresh Idaho air and peaceful surroundings. Just taking every bit of it in. (Now I don't know if I was that in tune with my environment, but still....) Out of nowhere one of those wretched birds lands right in your hair--if you aren't scared of the ravens, picture some other frightening creature. After determining that your coif was part of a moving body, it flies away to nest somewhere else.

That hard to tame, up-do of curly, mangled hair seemed to be the perfect place to nest. This experience has really encouraged me to learn more about this crazy hair of mine. After years of learning tips and trying to manage the locks, these curls just keep me guessing--and birds too, I guess!

{Please note that those first hair nests were on purpose--mine was most certainly not!}




1 comments:

Cicily said...

lol. It must be the curly hair. I have curly hair too and birds have come and snatched at my hair a number of times. Especially when it's up in a pony tail. Cole doesn't believe me, but it's true!!