Wednesday, November 17, 2010

in the moment



Fritz and Laura Perls seem to have a pretty fresh perspective on things. They together agree that it is most powerful for a person to live in the present and really develop an awareness of self. (Please don't mind my psychobabble.) So, I decided that I would stop futuring and thinking about what comes next and really focus on how I feel at this exact moment, this particular gestalt. (We just got done discussing this in class, of course! Do I really understand the theory? Probably not, but I'll still give it a shot.)


right now:

*munching on some delicious "Special K with Red Berries" and hoping I will stop soon
*seriously trying to decide if it is too late to take a nap
*wondering why I am putting this on the blog
*noticing that my legs are really sore (from basketball and walking a lot)
*sensing some serious tension in my shoulders
*feeling excited to share the H.A.L.O. club's salsa with Dane when he gets in the door
*preparing myself for a wonderful reading of Sweeney's book on Adlerian Counseling
*turning off the television because I am a little upset about the contaminated sea food news
*enjoying the peace and quiet around me, only hearing our little heater work its magic
*ahh--really trying not to think about the future--can't help it
*getting ready to go ahead and get my journal entry done early tonight
*checking out my red Christmas socks

I am thinking that Gestalt counseling could be my cup of tea. It really empowers you to stop focusing on the past and worrying too much about the future. Enjoy the moment and really live in it. Have great, connecting conversations with people. Think beyond the to-do list (hard, I know). Love and embrace the real you, not some ideal person out there. Find joy in the little moments. So far it sounds pretty good to me!



1 comments:

Brynne said...

Kasi! I love your blog and your book list. Hope you are well!